Gilani Leads Graffiti Protest In Kashmir

Gilani leads graffiti protest in Kashmir

ISLAMABAD, (Pakistan Point News - 2nd Augst,2016) : Pro-freedom and anti-India graffiti were written on roads, walls and shop shutters across the Indian occupied territory, with the Chairman of All Parties Hurriyet Conference, Syed Ali Gilani, leading the graffiti protest. According to KMS, Hurriyet leadership had jointly asked the people to write such graffiti as part of five-day protest programme against the killing of innocent protesters by Indian forces during peaceful demonstrations after the murder of mujahid commander, Burhan Wani, in a fake encounter by Indian troops on July 8.

Syed Ali Gilani, who continues to remain under house arrest, wrote `Go India Go Back' one of the popular slogans that the ongoing Intifada from 2008 and 2010 mass uprising. Many other popular slogans were painted on roads and walls. Candlelight protests were also organised in many parts of the Kashmir Valley. Curfew and severe restrictions on movement of people continued across the Valley and mobile phone and internet services continued remained suspended, but the shutdown, the protests, and the hurling of stones on Indian armed forces by young men and boys continued unabated.

Many people including a women sustained injuries during clashes between protesters and personnel of Indian armed forces in Ganderbal, Kulgam, Islamabad, Shopian, Baramulla, Kupwara and Bandipora districts. One among the injured, Mushtaq Ahmad Shah, who suffered a bullet injury in the head, was referred to Soura Institute of Medical Sciences in Srinagar. Thousands of people from Pahnoo, Pinjura, Pahlipora, Trenz, Mulu, Chitragam, Turkwanagn, Heff, Sugan, Nadigund, Outerpora and Dangerpora areas marched towards Shopian district headquarters raising anti-India and pro-freedom slogans.

Indian forces resorted to firing of teargas shells and pellets to disperse the protesters. Local women also participated in the demonstrations. A bike rally was organised in Kulgam district which was attended by over 15,000 people. Youth carrying Pakistani flags shouted pro-freedom slogans.