Sindh CM Invites Chinese Investors To Finance Tourism, Energy Sector

Sindh CM invites Chinese investors to finance tourism, energy sector

KARACHI, (Pakistan Point News - APP - 07th Nov, 2016 ) : Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah said that PPP government has created conducive atmosphere for investment in the province by improving law & order and developing infrastructure. This he said while holding a meeting with a Honk Kong-based Chinese investors here at the CM House Monday, said a statement. The Chinese investors delegation was led by Chairman Hao Tian Group Holding Ltd Yau Wai Ming, CFO Fok Chi Tak and CEO Gao Shufang.

CFO of China Innovative Finance Group Law Man Tat, Consul General of China Wang Yu Consul General of China while Sindh Chief Minster was assisted by Additional Chief Secretary (Dev) Mohammad Waseem, Principal Secretary Naveed Kamran Baloch, Secretary Energy agha Wasif, Chairperson board of Investment (BoI) Naheed Memon and Director BoI Abrar Shaikh. The CM Sindh said that he has created Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode of investment in which private sector can develop partnership with Sindh government by investment of 80 per cent of the total investment while remaining 20 per cent share would be made by the provincial government.

He said that he has a plan to develop Keenjhar Lake as tourist resort on the patterns of international standards. It has natural beauty and in summer water sports events, boating and such other activities could be held, he added. While in winter its beauty enhances further with colorful migratory birds which flock there, he said. It has great potential as people from Karachi, a population 20 million and Hyderabad go there on weekends, he said.

He added that similarly, Gorakh Hill could also be developed to attract local and international tourists. It is also the best hill station with ideal location. He said that the province of Sindh has also vast coastal belt where different resorts with different facilities could also be established. The Chinese investors said that they would form a investment company to finance the projects on PPP or Built Operate and Transfer mode. They also showed interest in energy sector particularly in renewable energy.

The CM Sindh formed a three-member committee comprising ACS (Dev) Mohammad Waseem, Chairperson BOI Naheed Memon and Secretary Energey Agha Wasif to hold meetings with the investors and explore the avenue or projects in which they were interested to invest and finance. The Chinese investors also offered to establish a Chinese-English medium school in the province which the chief minister welcomed and said that it was President Asif Zardari who had introduced teaching Chinese in schools in Sindh. This would be a good step to further strengthen ties between the people of two nations, Pakistan and China.