Rabbani Proposes Education Facility For Quetta Blast Victims' Children

Rabbani proposes education facility for Quetta blast victims' children

   ISLAMABAD, (Pakistan Point News - APP - 19th August, 2016) : Chairman Senate Mian Raza Rabbani has proposed to the provincial governments to take responsibility of educating at least one school going child of the victim families of Quetta blast, in one of the leading school, college or university. It was a view to express solidarity with the people of Balochistan and particularly the victims of the blast in Civil Hospital Quetta on August, 8, said a press release issued here.

He said that nearly 71 families have lost their near and dear ones in tragic incident on August 8. He proposed that these families be divided amongst the three provinces to make arrangements for the education of one child of school going age. In his letters to the CMs, the Chairman Senate stated that it would guarantee value education to the child and will help building the intellectual vacuum created in Balochistan besides sending message of comradely to the people of Balochistan that they are not alone in this tragedy. Raza Rabbani said words could not express the magnitude of the Quetta tragedy. He termed it a loss not only to the province but also to the federation itself as the intelligentsia belonging to the middle and lower middle class had been targeted.