Fire Erupts At CSD Abbottabad By Short Circuit

Fire erupts at CSD Abbottabad by short circuit

ABBOTTTABAD, (Pakistan Point News - APP - 8th Augst,2016) : Newly established Canteen Store Department (CSD) market at Manshera road Abbottabad on Monday caught fire and completely destroyed causing loss of millions of rupees apparently due to short circuit early in the morning. The fire erupted at 6 am and surrounded the whole market with in no time, fire was extinguished by the Cantonment board Abbottabad (CBA) and Tehsil Municipal Administration (TMA) Abbottabad firefighters.

Fortunately new motorcycles in the CSD market were secured by the soldiers as fire erupted but they could not save any other thing. Army cordoned off the area and nobody except firefighters and concerned was allowed to enter the area where hundreds of locals have reached at the spot. The cause of fire was said to be the sparking in the transformer caused the short circuit. According to the sources soon after the fire eruption Rescue 1122 was called by the CSD but about 100 non local staffers of the Abbottabad rescue center including in-charge Nasir Khan was on leave. Only seven rescue workers and two fire tenders took part in the operation.